- I have a wonderful husband who loves me.
- I have four wonderful kids with four totally different personalities.
- I have a son-in-law and daughter-in-law that I love and who are the perfect match for my daughter and son.
- I have two delightful, adorable, awesome (and lots more adjectives) grandchildren.
- I have several very good, very close friends.
- I have a great Mom who sets a Proverbs 31 example just like she says her Mom did.
- I have three sisters who have always been there when I needed them.
- I have a good job with good people.
- I have a dog that is always excited to see me.
- I have a beautiful home with a yard, a garden and woods with lots of "critters" that I love.
- I am healthy (not to be translated as physically fit).
- I have a church that accepts me and has provided access to several groups of strong Christians to interact and grow with.
- I have a God who loves me even when I have a bad attitude!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Appetizer: When was the last time you had some bar-b-que?
Last weekend. My husband loves to bar-b-que. He is now working on coming up with some signature sauces... yummy!
Soup: How many pairs of cowboy boots do you own?
None at the moment. Until about a year ago I had one or two pair all the time. My favorites were gray Dingos.
Salad: Finish this sentence: Mommas, don't let your babies __________.
Mommas, don't let your babies forget that they'll always be your babies.
Main Course: Name a song that makes you think of Texas.
Hmmmm. Three come to mind. Luckenbach, Texas-Willie and Waylon, God Blessed Texas-Little Texas, and All My Ex's Live in Texas-George Strait
Dessert: Cowboy hats - Black or White?
Despite the good guy/bad guy thing, definitely black!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
1. Why do I always get the NASCART that only wants to go left?
2. Are the things on the top shelf just for tall people or can anyone buy them if they can climb up there?
3. Why does the store whose TV ads promote being "green" have cashiers that snarl at you when you have the reusable bags?
4. Speaking of which, you buy the reusable bags but you don't get any discount for the store not having to buy more plastic/paper bags to put your stuff in....
5. Is rearranging the store every couple of years because the employees are bored (like rearranging the furniture) or is it a sales ploy to be sure you have to walk down every single aisle again?
6. Technology provides us with price scanners and we can ring up our own order, so why aren't there computers in the store where you can type in a product to see it they have it and what aisle and shelf it is on? They do it for wedding and baby registries.....
7. Why is the cup/can holder on the cart only 3/4" tall? Does the moron that designed the carts just get excited hearing the words "Clean up on aisle three."
8. Why do the bags for produce require massive effort to get open?
9. Why don't they sell strawberries loose anymore so you can pick the ones and the size you want? Is that so you'll have to buy extra containers to get enough once you throw away the under ripe, over ripe, and furry ones ?
10. Kudos to the local grocery store whose handicapped spots are also marked for expectant and new Moms!
11. Why isn't the frozen and refrigerated stuff always at the front of the store so it has less time riding around in the cart thawing or getting warm?
12. And why are all the different things to drink spread out all over the store? Pop/soda and some tea on one aisle - coffee and some other tea on another aisle - water on yet another aisle - and then the juice on still another aisle.
13. Almost every grocery/super store has multiple conveniently located cart racks. Why are there still people who think they are so important that they can't take 10 seconds to put their cart in the rack? Is it wrong of me to hope the next time a storm blows in that it will be your car the stray cart crashes into?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
- Speak a foreign language fluently.
- Travel at will.
- A back bend (or cartwheel or flip).
- Stay up half the night talking and still wake up "perky" in the morning.
- Snow ski.
- Paint - artistically, not the house....
- Play an instrument. (My piano playing is like the "hunt and peck" method of typing.)
- Be an encourager.
- Write something worthy of publication again.
- Understand men.
- Invent something useful.
- Be a Proverbs 31 woman.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Monday, July 14, 2008
Friday, July 11, 2008
When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
January 8th. My next appointment was scheduled for right after the wreck and I just haven't been back since.
Name one thing you miss about being a child.
The lack of responsibilities. There were basic ones - do your homework, make your bed, pick up after yourself - but all the big responsibilities/decisions were taken care of by my parents.
Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
Butter, but olive oil comes in a close second.
If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
Probably Spanish. I remember a very little bit of it from school but would love to be able to speak another language fluently. For me, I think Spanish would be most useful here and while traveling.
Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
...on vacation traveling throughout the northwestern United States. (See Thursday Thirteen below)
Thursday, July 10, 2008
I've had a goal for a while now to see all 50 states before I turn 50. Being realistic, I have now altered that goal to seeing them all by the time I'm 60. Still a high goal, but possible.
I've made it to the most distant ones - Alaska and Hawaii. However, I still have a number of them to get to including the following 13:
- New Hampshire
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Saturday, July 5, 2008
1. Where is your cell phone? counter
2. Your significant other? kitchen
3. Your hair? blondish
4. Your mother? Proverbs 31
5. Your father? missed
6. Your favorite thing? traveling
7. Your dream last night? hospital
8. Your favorite drink? Enviga
9. Your dream/goal? writing
10. The room you’re in? office
11. Your church? awesome
12. Your fear? heights
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? beach
14. Where were you last night? home
15. What you’re not? patient
16. Muffins? poppyseed
17. One of your wish list items? tickets
18. Where you grew up? neighborhood
19. The last thing you did? drink
20. What are you wearing? jeans
21. Your TV? on
22. Your pets? Rottweiler
23. Your computer? hobby
24. Your life? hectic
25. Your mood? contemplative
26. Missing someone? Jaiyda
27. Your car? crunched
28. Something you’re not wearing? shoes
29. Favorite store? New York & Co.
30. Your summer? missing
31. Like(love) someone? Rocky
32. Your favorite color? blue
33. Last time you laughed? yesterday
34. Last time you cried? Tuesday
35. Who will repost this? nobody
Thursday, July 3, 2008
13. Stone Mountain, Georgia
12. Mount Rushmore, South Dakota
11. Mount Hood, Oregon
10. Great Smoky Mountain National Park
9. Daytona Beach, Florida
8. Key West, Florida
7. Annapolis, Maryland
6. Newport Beach, California
5. Redondo Beach, California
The Prairies, Plains, and Cities
4. St. Louis, Missouri
3. Niagara Falls, New York
2. Chicago, Illinois
1. Washington D.C.