I think I'm fairly good at it. I am probably better at waiting for bigger or more important things than smaller ones.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Travel is definitely my biggest temptation. In the food category it would be pizza and chocolate.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
It totally depends on what it is I need to be patient about so I'd say overall it would be about a five.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
More than once.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Okay, all my answers seem very "in the middle" today. There are some areas where I will definitely take shortcuts (ie. hem tape over sewing) and other areas where I wouldn't even consider it.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
Easy -the line for the restroom!
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
This is going to reveal the age of some of us you know! They did an ultrasound with my son but the technology was such that they still were only right about 70% of the time so my doctor refused to indicate which gender he thought the baby might be.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
Definitely with children - my patience with elderly people depends a lot on the situation and their attitude/temperament.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Only once because then it was such a disappointment when I did receive it.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
I'm still waiting...
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
That would be me.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
1. So I was thinking about how Jon Bon Jovi never seems to age much. His hair is smaller nowadays, but he still manages to look like a boy somehow. And then that made me think of the story of Dorian Gray. Question: If you physically lock in one age for yourself, which would you choose and why?
Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually it would definitely be 39. If I take out spiritually it would be 36.
2. What is the best dish that you cook or bake (your piece de resistance?)
I'm going to say my cinnamon rolls although it's a tough call between that and my lasagna.
3. When you feel blue, what is one strategy you use to help yourself back to normal?
How blue? Slightly blue = chocolate or cheesecake. Very blue requires travel!
4. When was the last time you danced in public?
My nephew's wedding last summer. I love to dance but don't get the opportunity to very often.
5. Do you consider yourself a realist or dreamer?
A realistic dreamer!
6. As a parent, what is one thing that you have done well?
I think I did a good job of remembering each child was different with different personalities, needs, interests, etc. and, therefore, needed different kinds and amounts of support, encouragement, discipline, etc.
7. Which is your favorite character on the Andy Griffith show?
8. On a scale of 1-10, how much do you know about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.?
I'd say about a five.
9. Have you never been mellow? Have you never tried … to find a comfort from in side you? (Sorry, Jorge was singing that song just now, and it just seemed to be perfect timing as I was creating this week’s questions.) REAL question: What is your #1 driving pet peeve?
Other drivers who seem oblivious to the fact that there are other people on the road.
10. Which color best represents your mood today? Care to elaborate?
I'm going to say green. I've been on the go most of the day and have gotten several things accomplished and had lunch with great friends so it feels like a positive, productive day.
11. If your spouse were an animal, which would he/she be?
Really?? You're making my brain hurt. After much thought a few options came to mind but I think I'll go with horse.
12. What activity takes up the bulk of your time on an average day?
Which day? Monday's it's laundry. Thursday's it is Isaac. Some days it is this computer with all its blogs and games and FACEBOOK!
I ventured outside to get this shot after I noticed that the tracks in the snow came from the road and up almost to the tree and then just stopped! No further tracks or tracks leading back to the road and the tracks were way to large and far apart to have been a cat. So what was this animal and where, exactly, did it go?
1. When was the last time you craved a food--what was it, and did you cave?
About 30 seconds ago - chocolate - completely caved!
2. M & M's or Skittles?
As is probably obvious by the above answer, M&M's
3. Have you ever read the Bible completely through?
4. How long does it take you to really wake up in the morning?
Five or ten minutes. I start my morning by stretching before I get out of bed so I'm pretty awake by the time I hit the floor. Hubby on the other hand...
5. Have you ever been on a cruise? If not, would you like to?
Yes, twice. Loved, loved, loved the cruise to Cozumel. The Alaska cruise not as much. Of course that may have had to do with the 104 degree temperature I was running for a couple of days of that cruise and the continuous rain. It is, in my opinion, a great all inclusive type vacation. Lots to see, lots to do, little to plan/organize.
6. Who is your favorite actress?
I don't think I can narrow it down to one. Gina Davis, Julia Roberts, and Sandra Bullock all come to mind.
7. People who just enjoy being mean are something that I will just never understand.
8. How much of a technology junkie are you?
Slightly. I like a lot of the new tech gadgets, I just hate learning how to use them!
9. Do you enjoy selecting greeting cards for people, or is it more of a cultural "have to" for you?
I love finding just the right card. I often buy them way in advance because I find the perfect one for one person while I'm looking for one for someone else.
10. When was the last time you got a new style/haircut?
About six months ago and I love it!
11. What do you enjoy shopping for most?
Anything for the grandkids.
12. What's the last thing you think of before you leave the house?
I go through a mental list of if I have everything I need to take with me and check that the dog is inside. Then I tell her (the dog) to watch the house and I leave.