Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.
BLT - bacon crisp, garden fresh tomatoes, fresh white bread, and Miracle Whip.
2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?
I'm torn - I think a good conversation inspires me more at the time but a song that I hear, or can play, over and over remains an inspiration longer.
3. What is your favorite board game?
4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children?
Definitely more patient.
5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.
6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"
Yes, but it sure doesn't feel like it at the point of loss.
7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.
Just one. Really? How about two? I've been fortunate enough to visit many of them but my favorite is the St. Louis Gateway Arch. The most awe inspiring, however, is the Vietnam Wall.
8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?
I think it's more painful to be disappointed in someone else. If I am disappointed in myself I can change what I'm doing or, at the very least, not repeat the mistake. If someone else disappoints me they may not want to change things or may not care that I'm disappointed so the pain continues longer.
9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?
10. Are you a crafty person?
Crafty, yes. Artsy, no.
11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?
The first hamburgers of the season off the grill but after that it would be hubby's infamous pulled pork BBQ!
12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.
Going up North to visit the grandgirls.