Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random Dozen

1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?

Define splurge - if splurge is a new shirt or a new pair of jeans or shoes then every couple of months. If splurge is something over $50 then very rarely - maybe once every year or two. The last splurge like that I can think of was when I bought my digital camera over two years ago.

2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.

I'm not a real creative project person so the last thing I can think of is Isaac's baby afghan.

Here is a photo of newborn Isaac with his afghan.







3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?

Too big - that's one of the reasons we put it up for sale this week.

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?

Planting the garden and harvesting it. However, weeding the garden is one of my least favorite outdoor chores.

5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?

Not - I smoked 30 years ago but quit when I decided to try to get pregnant the first time. I started to pick up the habit again about 12 years ago during a very stressful time in my life. That lasted a little over a week. In that time I burned a hole in one of my favorite shirts, a hole in the back seat of my car and my thumb on the lighter... Id' have to find a different weight loss option - smoking is hazardous for me beyond my health!

6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?

Drive - I develop control issues upon entering the vehicle.

7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?

It's a game. Right?
Okay - real answer, popularity. I really am more concerned with that "audience of One".

8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?

I rarely give up on either unless I just find them disgusting for some reason. With a movie I am rarely just watching it anyway. I'm always doing something else at the same time - reading, knitting, folding laundry, etc. - so feel less like I've completely wasted the time. I almost always finish a book because I've read too many that started out pretty slow but got really good later on.

9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates? (or it shows my age)

Dancing Queen - Abba (not cool & shows my age)
Paradise by the Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf (racy & shows my age)
Rich Girl - Hall & Oates (Hall & Oates & shows my age)

10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?

Five, I'm definitely going with five. It very much depends on what you're talking about being spontaneous about.

11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?

I'm a spice snob - It's Penzy's for me.

12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? (I hear people gulping and see them sweating in anticipation of how to answer this one.)

Yikes! What a question to save for last! I think the overall answer to "what" is pain. I try to control certain people and situations in an effort to avoid getting hurt. It's a somewhat vague answer, but it is honest.

No comments: