Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday 13 Ridiculous Myths/Sayings/Ideas

  1. Blonds have more fun? (Why? When? Where? Than Who?)
  2. The ideal height and weight for women is 5' 6" and 120 lbs. (the average American woman is 5"4" and weighs 152 lbs.)
  3. Time heals all wounds. (Time may ease the pain but only God heals)
  4. Diamonds are a girls best friend. (I need friends, I don't need diamonds)
  5. If you can't beat them, join them. (doesn't that just mean give up?)
  6. Time is money. (That would imply that money is also time - last I checked you can't buy time and once you lose or waste it, you can't earn it back again.)
  7. All is well that ends well. (No, not necessarily. Things can turn out well because someone else saved your sorry behind, or forgave you for your means to and end, or planned and prepared when you didn't.)
  8. I'll be happy when...(no you won't-no person, thing or situation can make you happy-happiness is a choice.)
  9. Some people have all the luck. (More likely "some people" plan, prepare, work hard, follow through, and make it look easy so it seems like luck.)
  10. I can't help it. (Yes you can, you just don't want to.)
  11. If I can do it, you can. (Maybe, maybe not. We all have different talents and different physical abilities. My son can dunk a basketball. At 5"2" I cannot, ever, no matter how hard I try.)
  12. I have a bad temper. (No, you lack self-discipline, among other things, and that is just your excuse for acting like a two year old.)
  13. Trust me. (If you have to tell someone that you've probably proven yourself not to be trustworthy. If someone tells you to trust them, DON'T. If they were trustworthy they wouldn't be needing to convince you.)

2 comments:

msdebbiea said...

Love it----so much truth in your words! Let's do lunch~~I miss you! :)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You really have a way with words. Um, you should go to a writing conference with a friend. :)