Friday, September 28, 2007
Thursday, September 27, 2007
- Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Corinthians 13:6-7 NIV
- Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers. I Timothy4:16 NIV
- You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. Hebrews 10:36 NIV
- By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. Hebrews 11:27 NIV
- Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12 NIV
- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1 NIV
- Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2-3 NIV
- Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:4 NIV
- As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. James 5:11 NIV
- For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. II Peter 1:5-8 NIV
- I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance... Revelation 2:2 NIV
- I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. Revelation 2:19 NIV
Definition of perseverence: steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement. Syn: steadfastness, persistence, tenacity, constancy, continuance, purposefulness, dedication, determination, diligence.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
- Appetizer: What is your favorite type of art? Two different things come to mind. I love Monet's paintings. I'll never forget the feeling of seeing an authentic one at the Biltmore Estate. I am also a huge fan of Ansel Adams. His work is an inspiration to the shutterbug in me.
- Soup: When was the last time you got a free lunch (or breakfast or dinner)? Who paid for it? That would have been on Wednesday when our company provided a wonderful lunch for us and over 400 customers for our customer appreciation day.
- Salad: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how emotional are you? I seem to get more emotional with age so I'd probably say 8-9.
- Main Course: Approximately how long do you spend each day responding to emails? Most days, between work and personal emails, I'd say about an hour.
- Dessert: To what temperature do you usually set your home’s thermostat? Around 72 in the summer and 76 in the winter.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
- Appetizer: When was the last time you visited a hospital? In June when our granddaughter was born!
- SoupOn: a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how ambitious are you? There was a time, not too long ago, when I'd have said 9 or 10. However, at some point after hitting 40 I stopped feeling like I had something to prove. Now, I'd put myself around 6 or 7. I still like to do my best and to complete anything I start. I'm just a little less driven.
- Salad: Make a sentence using the letters of a body part. (Example: (mouth) My other ukelele tings healthily.) HAND - Help any new dieter.
- Main Course: If you were to start a club, what would the subject matter be, and what would you name it? I.N.G.A. The I'm a New Grandma Association - Meetings would consist of sharing all 24 pictures of our precious new offspring and their each and every accomplishment (as in "baby" rolled over yesterday-giving every detail of how she amazingly accomplished this feat, etc.) Speakers would provide new baby guidelines and equipment updates. For example, how to correctly swaddle a baby (there are blankets that come with instructions! - who knew we were doing it wrong when we just wrapped them up) or that you need to buy a Pac n' Play (read play pen... less the apparent id warping effect of calling it a pen). This club would also give great relief to any "not a new grandma" friends limiting their picture viewing requirement to two or three.
- Dessert:What color is the carpet/flooring in your home? Various shades of brown mostly. NOTE: tip from a previous house... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get plain black carpet.