Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
LOST - best line - "Polar bear poop, got it!" - Hurley.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Todays list is of 13 things that gross/creep me out!
- Ticks - Walk thru a nest of them while hiking with your 2 and 5 year old and you'll have a lifelong aversion to them too!
- Spiders - I think that is self-explanitory.
- Lice - If your Little League doesn't regularly spray the shared batting helmet with "special" spray, it should!
- Flies - the rats of the insect world.
- Spit - not to be read as drool, grosses me out more than any other bodily fluid.
- Tabacco spit - regular spit with the gross factor multiplied.
- That hospital smell - One summer of voluteering and I knew nothing in the medical field was for me.
- Talking with your mouth full - obviously you never read Miss Manners.
- Large flocks of birds - Probably goes back to the Alfred Hitchcock movie.
- Rats - 'nuf said.
- Possums - aka white rats.
- Cougars - not the animals, the female type. Do we really need a TV show about that? Really?
- Lechers - as in the male version of cougars & just as disgusting.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Linda over at 2nd cup is continuing the 30x5 Challenge AND is adding a new twist. Stop by over there if you want to join in.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
The 30x5 Challenge has ended! How'd you do?
I did really well the first week, made the whole 30 minutes all five days. Week two went a little less easily. I was sick (very sick) on Thursday and still recovering on Friday so I started by using up my two "get out of moving free" days. I spent more than 30 minutes raking and shoveling on Saturday getting the garden ready for planting. Hit the treadmill on Sunday but then Monday came and honestly, I don't know what happened - I just didn't get it done. I finished the week strong though so I made four of the five days.
The results? I have more energy all day if I just get my rear upstairs and on the treadmill in the a.m. I've lost three pounds between the exercise and the sick thing. Yeah!
I'll definitely be joining the Challenge again when it picks up after Easter.
Visit 2nd Cup to link to other Challenge participants and thanks Linda for the inspiration and for this award!
- Why aren't there ever guys on What Not To Wear?
- Why does Indiana get a freeze every year after my lilacs bud?
- Is there an easy way to clean a George Foreman?
- An old high school friend has built the coolest "green" house in California.
- I'm toying with a product idea that I think would sell really well but don't know what the next step should be.
- I miss some of the people I worked with and some of my customers but I really don't miss work at all.
- How many less companies would be struggling and laying people off if they hadn't had to pay the exorbitant cost of health care that the insurance companies have caused to soar?
- Why is it, for some people, so much harder to turn the lights off than to turn them on?
- The sky was so clear last night that I could see Orion perfectly - the photo I took of it however would be entitled Blackout.
- Why can't I find a garden row maker thingy (like a single wheel with a single plow) like the one my ex-father-in-law (that word looks way over-hyphenated) had anywhere?
- Where did the word Easter come from?
- When and how did the bunny get involved?
- When Jesus asked Peter: "Do you love me more than these?" (John 21:15), who or what were the "these" he referred to?
Bonus question for Easter contemplation: What is your "these"?
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Sorry no post's until today - I've been a little ill, but I'm feeling much better. So here is today's not so Wordless Wednesday and a 30x5 Challenge update.
This is Isaac trying to go underneath the buffet.
And this is Isaac totally honked off that he didn't fit under the buffet.
Okay, I admit I did not make it on the treadmill either Sunday or Monday. We are, however, allowed two days off. Plus, I'm pretty sure if we count coughing as exercise (and I think we should as bad as my stomach muscles hurt from it) that I put in more than 30 minutes each of those days. Did I mention how glad I was to have done the sit ups so those muscles would be nice an sore before the coughing started!!
That being said, I am happy to say that I did spend 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. So, it may have been more of a stroll speed than a walk, wog, or jog - but, hey, the rules only said movement!
Today I made Gracie very happy by taking her to walk at the park.
She was one tired pup when we were done.