Thursday, July 24, 2008
Grocery Store Stuff -TT
1. Why do I always get the NASCART that only wants to go left?
2. Are the things on the top shelf just for tall people or can anyone buy them if they can climb up there?
3. Why does the store whose TV ads promote being "green" have cashiers that snarl at you when you have the reusable bags?
4. Speaking of which, you buy the reusable bags but you don't get any discount for the store not having to buy more plastic/paper bags to put your stuff in....
5. Is rearranging the store every couple of years because the employees are bored (like rearranging the furniture) or is it a sales ploy to be sure you have to walk down every single aisle again?
6. Technology provides us with price scanners and we can ring up our own order, so why aren't there computers in the store where you can type in a product to see it they have it and what aisle and shelf it is on? They do it for wedding and baby registries.....
7. Why is the cup/can holder on the cart only 3/4" tall? Does the moron that designed the carts just get excited hearing the words "Clean up on aisle three."
8. Why do the bags for produce require massive effort to get open?
9. Why don't they sell strawberries loose anymore so you can pick the ones and the size you want? Is that so you'll have to buy extra containers to get enough once you throw away the under ripe, over ripe, and furry ones ?
10. Kudos to the local grocery store whose handicapped spots are also marked for expectant and new Moms!
11. Why isn't the frozen and refrigerated stuff always at the front of the store so it has less time riding around in the cart thawing or getting warm?
12. And why are all the different things to drink spread out all over the store? Pop/soda and some tea on one aisle - coffee and some other tea on another aisle - water on yet another aisle - and then the juice on still another aisle.
13. Almost every grocery/super store has multiple conveniently located cart racks. Why are there still people who think they are so important that they can't take 10 seconds to put their cart in the rack? Is it wrong of me to hope the next time a storm blows in that it will be your car the stray cart crashes into?