Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Do Not Be Afraid

I have been struggling lately with fear. Not any particular fear, just an overactive sense of anxiety and trepidation. Fear is addressed numerous times in the Bible from the beginning to the end. Therefore, today's TT are 13 verses to remind me that I have no need to fear.


Exodus 14:13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today.

Deuteronomy 3:22 Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you."

Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Ruth 3:11 And now, my daughter, don't be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character.

2 Kings 6:16 "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them."

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Matthew 10:26 "So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Mark 4:40 He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

Mark 5:36 Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, "Don't be afraid; just believe."

Luke 12:7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Hebrews 13:6 So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list! I hope that these verses have helped you some with your anxiety!

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Happy TT and may the Word help you to get over your fear...I love Psalms 27:1.
Fellow TT Participant

Melanie said...

AWESOME post!! I love it!

storyteller said...

The Bible is an excellent source for help when dealing with fear … and you’ve compiled an excellent, inspiring list of verses. I might add a lesson from A COURSE IN MIRACLES that teaches ‘Love is letting go of fear.’
Hugs and blessings,

Joyce said...

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Hiding His Word in your heart, by His blessing, will help. :)

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Thanks for all your encouragement - it is appreciated.