Staples - not the ones you connect papers with - the ones you keep in your pantry/refrigerator/freezer. Traditionally they are things like eggs, milk, flour, and sugar. If you're like me, however, there are more items that automatically go on the grocery list when they're almost gone (because running out would be a disaster). Here are thirteen items that are considered staples of my kitchen:
- Cheerios - they're breakfast, they're a snack, they're baby treats!
- Enviga, berry flavor - my addiction, 'nuf said.
- Velveeta - I know, I know. The rest of the stuff is pretty healthy though.
- Newman's Own Peach Salsa - I just LOVE the stuff. I use it on all kinds of things.
- Open Pit Barbecue Sauce - makes a great pizza sauce mixed with ketchup.
- Crystal Lite tea - Raspberry or Peach please.
- Garden Fresh Hummus - I prefer the Roasted Red Pepper. Isaac prefers the plain!
- La Victoria Salsa Verde - I use it in all kinds of things.
- Land o' Lakes Lite Butter - all the flavor, 1/3 less guilt.
- Kraft shredded cheese - cheddar, Mexican blend, and mozzarella usually.
- Newman's Own Light Raspberry & Walnut Dressing - a fairly new addition - yummy!
- Craisins - great in salads, muffins, cookies and just to eat.
- Tostidos chips or Archer Farms Blue Corn with Flax tortilla chips.
So, what are some of your staples?