Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random Dozen



1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
I'd say the meeting. You can opt to return/exchange another time or call/text a friend while you're waiting but with the meeting you're just stuck being bored.

2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
Depends entirely on who has cornered me!

3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
A French boy married a Dutch girl and their daughter eloped with an Irishman. Scandalous!

4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
Sincerely compliment my kids or grandkids.

5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
Mom's homemade raspberry pie with the raspberries Daddy and I picked from the woods behind our house.

6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
Are you kidding?! I hate changing purses and trying to figure out where everything is again.

7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
I'd like to say relationship but the truth is probably task.

8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
Definitely Cracker Barrel.

9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
Yes, a long, long time ago. The honest answer to "why" is that I left because I was more interested in "making out" in the car with my boyfriend than I was the movie.

10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
Housework - it seems to be the thing that never gets on my schedule!

11. Was middle school fun or painful?
A little of both but in hindsite I'd lean towards fun.

12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Hot Spiced Cider

6 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I actually learned stuff about you from this meme!

re #7: Of all the people I know, I would say you are the one who seems to be both to me.

#10: Give me a break. Your house is gorgeous all the time. I know it is!

Glad you jumped in this week.

Susanne said...

I have never had a raspberry pie! It sounds mouthwateringly (is that a word?) wonderful!

Greg C said...

Another spiced cider I see. I wondered who left the movie to make out. I have a related story but I can't tell it. haha
You go Debbie. :)

Jenny wren's nest said...

I agree on the raspberry pie, I risk poison ivy and allergies to acquire those gems of berry goodness.
Jenny

Mocha with Linda said...

LOL - at least you were honest about the reason you left the movie!

Jewel said...

3) Made me laugh!
9) Made me smile.