1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
I prefer to write in cursive because it is faster for me. However, I prefer that other people print because you have a better chance of reading most people's printing over their cursive.
2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
Hmmmm... a little of both I think but leaning more to the realist side.
3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not limited to horror flicks but also includes ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
Carrie was the first and last movie like that I ever watched. I had started reading the book (had finished just over a chapter) and went with a date to see the movie. We were supposed to go to a romantic little restaurant afterwards but I insisted on going someplace with lots of light. The next day I burned the book! (I do want it to go on record that this is the only book I've ever burned!)
5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
For years my answer to this would have been being struck by lightening. Now, however, it would be after the wreck when I watched hubby turn blue! I have first hand knowledge now of why the call it "Code Blue". Just for the record - real people do not make good looking Smurfs!
6. What word do you misspell without fail?
I am really very good at spelling (not to be confused with typing/keyboarding). At a conference in college I won a "Word Freak" button from Webster's in a spelling contest.
7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at.
Drawing - I will sometimes have a strong desire to put what I see in my head on paper but what comes out on the paper never looks anything like what is in my head.
8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Generally by being around people - of course it depends on which people!
9. Have you ever been on TV?
I started to say no and then had this vague recollection of being in the background of a locally run TV ad for a furniture stores where I worked. I think it was such a tramatic experience that I blocked it out...
10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Pumpkin, definitely, with whipped cream on top.
11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
That I actually paid for? One for Parents Magazine that I got for the grandbabies' moms. I get a couple of others that I have gotten free by either filling out surveys or by using points from online games. Ready Made is probably my favorite.
12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
That I can only control and am only responsible for my actions not other people's actions or reactions.