Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Dozen




1. Candy corn: Your thoughts?

With peanuts = good, with almonds = GREAT!



2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.)

We've known each other since we were five so I really don't remember. If I had to guess I'd day it went something like this..."Ouch!" (see boy running away after punching girl he likes in the arm.)

3. Could you ever become a vegetarian?

Maybe a lacto-vegetarian which allows dairy products but it wouldn't be my preference.

4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume?




This is as dressed up as Gracie gets - and, as you can see, she is NOT thrilled about it!




5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year).

Snow days!

6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for?

Yes,a couple, although I honestly can't remember for what. I really didn't become competitive in nature until the prizes were a lot more valuable than trophies (like the trip to Hawaii).

7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year?

The day after Thanksgiving.

8. What's your favorite board game?

Scrabble

9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)?

I love them unless they involve something in front of a crowd. Then I get embarassed and don't enjoy them much.

10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?"

I'm not sure how to answer this question. I used to be told that I said "I'm sorry" too much. Now I think I may have overcompensated?

11. What is your favorite candle scent?

I have two favorites right now. One is Hazelnut Creme and the other is Orange Almond Biscotti. (Wow, I wish Blogger had scratch & sniff for this question!)

12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you?

All finger food type things - cookies, cheese & crackers, beef roll-ups, salami stacks, etc. I'm not sure what I'd show them other than my photos and the house itself where the decor reflects either hubby or me depending on the room.

3 comments:

Jenny wren's nest said...

I loved snow days when I was a kid too. Jenny

Joyce said...

Snow days were the best!

I love the scratch and sniff comment-that would be fun!

Enjoy your evening...Joyce

Greg C said...

I just had some candy corn by the way and it was great. I made little fangs with them before eating them. I am still a kid at heart.