Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Dozen -Dozen



1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?

I think golf. I used to play at it some and really enjoyed it but was never very good. I'd like to at least be good enough to golf with hubby and it be enjoyable for both of us, not him standing around waiting for me to catch up.

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?

Yes! I actually just made two major purchases and one I researched and researched and made myself crazy over. The other I went "wow, that's a great price and a brand I know so it should be fine". I'll try to remember to report back in a few months as to which process ended up causing the better decision.

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?

They call me Jo, Jo Kettner.

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?

I'm going with music, mostly because I like almost any kind of music so I might miss a specific kind/artist less. Although I like almost any kind of food too I can't think of any acceptable substitute for chocolate or pizza!

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?

Yellow with just a tinge of green at the base please.

6. Your favorite tree is?
Christmas!




And before I get all kinds of crazy comments, this is last year's tree.






7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?

Maybe a 5? Although both my son-in-law and my good friend, Norm, one of whom I call with every computer crisis, might give me a 2...

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?

Flu, yes. Tested and confirmed as H1N1, no. However, I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?

Oh, I'm the unquestioning type - pick your jaw up off your computer Lid - I'm being extremely sarcastic.

10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?

Definitely dog. I'm very loyal, like to play, and like my Gracie, want lots of attention or I might pout.



11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?

Until recently there were only a few that I kept in touch with. However, thanks to Facebook I'm in touch with a lot more of them now.

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?

The self-check lane! It's always faster unless someone has coupons, or hasn't ever used it before, or doesn't know how to look up produce, or... Regardless of which lane I choose I know that if I am actually in a hurry the lane that I choose will ultimately be the slower one. Murphy's law is strongest in the grocery store.


Want to join in? Just click on the donuts at the top!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, if I've learned anything this week it's that people are very particular about the degree of ripeness in their bananas : )

I'm all about the self check out too!

Have a nice rest of the week.

SnoWhite said...

I hear you with Murphy's law at the grocery store ... it seems to be especially applicable when you're in a hurry.

Angie said...

Jo Kettner - from the 50's right? :)

There is no subsitute for chocolate, I agree.

Nice Christmas tree...can't wait to get mine up!

Beautiful dog? Rottweiler, right? We had a shepherd/rott mix named Samson. Best dog ever!!