1. Which physical trait do you now accept--maybe not love, but accept--and no longer feel extremely self-conscious about?
My nose - I still hate it and think it is way to big but I no longer consider the possibility of plastic surgery.
2. This week Meredith Baxter Birney, best known as the mom on the favorite 80s sitcom "Family Ties" came out of the closet, which led me to formulate this question: Who do you think is/was the best TV mom?
Phylicia Rashad - The Cosby Show
3. Do you speak any foreign languages? Are there any you'd like to learn?
I know a few words in Spanish and a few in sign language but not enough of either to have a conversation -just enough to maybe ask or answer very simple questions.
4. Who is your personal hero?
I'm not much in to heros. Anytime you put someone on a pedestal, they are bound to fall off. There are, however, several people that I think very highy of and respect because of their integrity and the way they live their lives. A few who come to mind are my Mom, Billy Graham, and Tony Dungy.
5. What is one holiday food that you find extremely difficult to resist over- indulging in?
My ex mother-in-law's chocolate mousse - she still sends it to me via my kids. That and Chex mix by the pound - the real homemade stuff, not what you buy in a bag at the store.
6. Tell me about a Christmas decoration that has special meaning or sentimental value.
All the miniature ornaments on the tree below are special to me. They are ones that my kids and other special people picked out for me over the years especially for this tiny tree.
7. How do you feel about snow?
Love it if I'm inside. Love it if it's warm enough to build a snowman or go sledding. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Hate it on the road and on my driveway and sidewalk.
8. On average, how many hours of sleep do you get each night? Not that I'm jealous of any number over three or anything.
When I was working it was about six. Now that I'm not, it's closer to seven and a half.
9. Tell me about your first crush.
Um, sitting here trying to decide if I can't come up with an answer to this because my memory is on "pause" or because I was so boy crazy when I was young that there are multiple answers to the question.
10. You're stuck in a room for 2 hours with only a chalkboard and chalk. What will you write/draw?
If there is colored chalk I will probably draw a picture, some type of landscape scene. If I only have white chalk I'm more likely to write something and also doodle. What I'd write would probably depend on why I was stuck in the room.
11. Do you dress for the current temp or for the day's forecast?
Unless I plan to be gone all day I usually dress for the current temperature/weather conditions. If I'll be out all day I may dress for the forecast but either way I usually wear layers so I can add or shed as needed. I think that's second nature when you live in Indiana and the weather changes ever five minutes.
12. Favorite Christmas movie is?
Miracle on 34th Street - the original, preferably in black & white.