1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
I think I'm fairly good at it. I am probably better at waiting for bigger or more important things than smaller ones.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Travel is definitely my biggest temptation. In the food category it would be pizza and chocolate.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
It totally depends on what it is I need to be patient about so I'd say overall it would be about a five.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
More than once.
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Okay, all my answers seem very "in the middle" today. There are some areas where I will definitely take shortcuts (ie. hem tape over sewing) and other areas where I wouldn't even consider it.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
Easy -the line for the restroom!
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
This is going to reveal the age of some of us you know! They did an ultrasound with my son but the technology was such that they still were only right about 70% of the time so my doctor refused to indicate which gender he thought the baby might be.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
Definitely with children - my patience with elderly people depends a lot on the situation and their attitude/temperament.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Only once because then it was such a disappointment when I did receive it.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
I'm still waiting...
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
That would be me.
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I choose A. Anticipation, anticipa-a-tion.