1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
Slightly grumpy because I'm annoyed that I'm sick. Mostly, however, I just want to be left alone until I feel better.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
"They didn't cancel school this often when I was a kid!"
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Cleaning - I don't know that I really need to improve the skill, just wish I didn't hate doing it so much. I like to organize but with cleaning it seems like it's an endless task that never shows unless you don't do it.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
A little - I have some Valentine's candy dishes I use and I bought a new welcome sign for the door this year.
5. What song is on your mind today?
Matthew West - The Motions
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
I prefer good movies - most of which are classic with a few contemporary thrown in.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I'm reading two different things here, in my mind at least. (is that compartmentalizing?) I generally don't compartmentalize well in that I'm not good at pretending I'm fine if I'm not or that I'm in a good mood if I'm having a bad day. However, I am very good at doing tasks when I'm angry or sad or upset as a stress reliever for the pent up energy. Now, if what you were alluding to was wallpapering with your spouse in the midst of a tiff - well, lets just say someone could get glued to the wall!
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
His laugh and sense of humor.
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
Yesterday, shoveling snow - but I'm guessing that wasn't exactly what you meant...
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
Making a Valentine's box at home and then the "best box" competition at school. Okay, admittedly it is probably because I won more than once but I really loved making the box with Mom and deciding what we were going to make. One year we made a record player (yes, I'm that old) complete with a heart shaped record. Another year we made a typewriter with all the keys cut out in heart shapes and the paper coming out said Happy Valentine's Day.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
As in which kind of candy? Optimal would be Lowery's white chocolate covered cherries - and if they could make them without calories, that would be great!
If the question was supposed to be flowers or candy then my answer would be a live flower I can transplant later or seeds for sewing in the Spring.
12. Red or pink?