1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
Synchronized swimming or some summer sport so I could travel someplace warm.
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
The moment that comes to mind is as a young teen watching Mark Spitz swim butterfly for one of his seven gold medals. My parents were having a church group party and it and my viewing of the Olympics were cut short by the news that my cousin Pam, who was also one of my best friends, had been killed in an auto accident.
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
My son competed in the Junior Olympics in karate. That's as close as I can get.
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
Gold medal = Doubles Cooking & Entertaining with hubby as a partner.
Silver medal = Gardening - would have won gold before going organic.
Bronze medal = Frugality & Greenness
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
On my Dad's side it goes back to a French boy who married a Dutch girl and their daughter eloped with an Irishman. Scandalous!
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
I really don't. Unless I'm sick, If I do sleep late I always get up feeling like I've wasted half the day.
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
No & Yes and hopefully those answers will remain the same forever.
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
Ireland - I've always been intrigued by the country and since I've learned it's part of my heritage, I'm even more interested in visiting there someday.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
10. What is the last book you read?
Hot Flashes & Cold Cream by Diann Hunt It's a really funny fiction book except to those of us of a certain age it's only mostly funny because it's mostly true.
11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
Back to the Olympics - what is your favorite part (ie. opening ceremonies, closing ceremonies, individual events, medal presentation)?
I enjoy watching the opening ceremonies but then am a little frustrated by the amount of money spent on them. I mean, the amount they spent this year alone (estimated at over $100 million) would rebuild most of Haiti! I do like when an American wins gold and they play the national anthem at medal presentation.
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
Expensive restaurant = Something different each time from Oceanaire. I had the monkfish last time and it was yummy.
Local restaurant = Bar-b-q Ranch Chicken Salad at Scotty's Brewhouse with a side of Loaded Waffle Fries.