Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky Random Dozen



1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?

I'd say about a 3. I mean, walking under a ladder is just dumb and I've owned a black cat that crossed my path multiple times a day. On the other hand, I will pick up a penny or, if I ever got the chance, would kiss the Blarney Stone. However, it's a "can't hurt" type thing more so than thinking it will really make a difference.


2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?

My fear of heights maybe? I've been up in the St. Louis Arch, on top of Stone Mountain, and in the cable car that went up the side of the mountain in Gatlinburg where the "driver/guide" felt the need to tell us exactly how many feet off the ground we were and that if the cable broke we'd hit that ground in less than four seconds!

3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?

It's usually either the middle of the day or way late at night.

4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?

I got the time mixed up and we were late for my son's preschool graduation 20+ years ago. I still feel awful about it.

5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?

Planting my garden, definitely!

6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?

Every year.

7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?

Computer programming and technical stuff. I do pretty well with software/ user end of things but not at all with the "how the computer works" kind of things. If you doubt that, ask my friend Norm or my son-in-law. They'll whole-heartedly confirm it.

8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?

Yes - It's Indiana, need I say more?

9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?

Wow, I feel like I should say something productive like exercise, or charitable like volunteer, or spiritual like pray. Realistically, I'd probably want to spend that hour doing something fun with someone I love.



10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?

A lifetime free cruise pass including airfare.

11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.

My computer that keeps me in touch with family and friends all over the world and my dog who loves me no matter what I say, do, or look like.

12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!

Mine came up as Izett McCarthy
Then this was right below it -

"What butter or whiskey does not cure cannot be cured."
Think I'd change that to chocolate or tequila, but that's just me.

5 comments:

Mary said...

We were in Gatlinburg a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't bring myself to spend the money to ride the lift up the mountain (not at OberG'burg...in downtown) because my feet would be dangling!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Enjoyed stopping by today. Great answers and love your answer about the cruise. Blessings galore and Happy Spring!

Jenny wren's nest said...

The whole computer thing is Greek to me, I wonder what the Greek ask when they are not sure of a subject?
Jenny

Thena said...

A lifetime cruise, that would definetly be awesome.

Greg C said...

#10 cracked me up. I have always said that if I ever won the lottery I would buy a penthouse on a cruise ship and go there to get away whenever I could. :)