Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Dozen



1. Define a great relationship.

Seriously! I decided to do RD today as a distraction from all the relationship issues that I and others close to me are having at the moment. Therefore, I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might incriminate/overwhelm/irritate me or others who read my blog.

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)

It was McDonalds on the way home from Chicago a couple weeks ago. I rarely go to a drive-through anymore but it was late and we were all hungry. I had the Mac Snack. I justified it by the fact that it had to be better than eating an entire Big Mac and it took care of my once a year craving for one.

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)


I love my Rottie!


4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?

North Carolina

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

Honestly, I can't think of anything. My parents weren't perfect but they were very good, loving, and consistent. At age 14 to 18 I'm sure I'd have wanted to change a lot of things but now that I'm older and wiser...

6. Who's the funniest person you know?

That's a tie between you, Lidna, and my daughter Shantelle who could probably make a good living as a stand up comedian.

7. Did you get enough sleep last night?

Yes - I always sleep better when I can have the windows open.

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning?

I usually pray first thing in the morning before I get out of bed but my very first thought this morning was about what the weather was going to be like today.

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY

It depends completely on what I'm eating. Almost all meats as an entree I prefer grilled. However, if I'm having a salad with chicken on it I prefer that fried. I know, I know.

10. Are you afraid of the dark?

Nope, although I did get a little nervous the night I was out at 2:00 a.m. watching a meteor shower (so had all the outside lights turned off) and heard some kind of animal in the woods.

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

At what age? I remember wanting to be a dancer - then I took lessons and found out that wasn't one of my talents. I wanted to be a nurse - then I volunteered at the hospital... I went through a "teacher" phase because that's what a lot of my family does. In high school and college I wanted to be a journalist. Through all of that I always wanted to be a Mom and that (and being a Grammy) is still my favorite thing to be.

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose?

Genuine.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

genuine...love that word!

Lots of us want to be in the Carolinas : )

Have a nice day!

Greg C said...

I like your answers Susan. I think you are an honest person which is why I like your blog.