1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
Nope. The video rental police, however, that's a different story.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
I have a tote with bags, tissue, bows and a few boxes. I also have a tall container for wrapping paper. I try to buy the stuff when it's on sale and I usually reuse the bags I'm given.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
Thankfully NO! My closest relation to natural disasters has been the whole "getting struck by lightening" incident, experiencing a tremor when I lived in California, and all the "go to the basement" episodes that living in Indiana in the Spring creates.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
Okay, I honestly almost threw up when I read this question. There was a time, long ago when I didn't abhor Barry Manilow music. That was before I worked for a lady who was in her mid 30's and was seriously a Manilow groupie (think screaming pre-teen girls at a Jonas Bros. concert). If he was playing anywhere within a days drive she went to see him and it was all she talked about for weeks before and after. She played his music continuously. Honestly, if I never heard another one of his songs for the rest of my life that would be fine with me. Prior to this Manilow torture I'd have probably picked Mandy.
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
I really don't know. I've been everything from a ladybug to Liza Minnelli in Cabaret. The worst, though, was when I was a kid and dressed up as a robot made out of a large cardboard box spray painted silver. It was a cute costume but I fell up and down a lot of porch steps that year.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
Thesaurus - I'm pretty good at spelling (not typing) and knowing what words mean so I rarely use a dictionary. However (after all, all the same, anyhow, be that as it may, but, despite, for all that, in spite of, nonetheless, notwithstanding, on the other hand, though, withal, yet ), I will consult a thesaurus to keep from using the same word over and over.
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
Pecan pancakes with real maple syrup.
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
Not that I can think of.
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yep, to break in to my own house when I locked myself out. Broke a window once for the same reason.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Lust at first sight or like at first sight-YES. Love - NO.
11. How many pairs of jeans do you own?
Own or own and that fit? Nine pair that I can wear (this includes one I don't really like and one I can only wear at home) and three pair that I'm hoping to get back into!
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
Well, since I think Duff can do almost anything I'd say a "travels" cake that also incorporated being a Mom and Grammy. I'd love something with mini scenes representing each of the 50 states that included taking the kids to Disney World when they were little and to see Rock City. There could be scenes of hubby and I in Alaska and New Orleans and scenes of other places that I hope to be able to take the grandbabies some day.