1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
I actually graduated in January and started college. I did go back for the graduation ceremony so it was good to see lots of friends. There was lots of goofiness before the ceremony and some major partying afterward that I'd really rather forget. I also reconciled with one friend who I'd been at odds with over a boy (not the friend in the photo).
My friend Lynn & I in our graduation gowns.
My graduation open house.
My best guy friend who, as of 12 years ago, is now my hubby!
2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?
Just one? I turn into a Boy Scout ("Be Prepared") when it comes to my car because I've always spent a lot of time in it. I have jumper cables that my son bought me years ago (this has an awesome, sweet story to go with it that I should share sometime) and a first aid kit.
There is also always some kind of food! There is always something to eat in my car. Great for traffic backups that last hours because of a wreck or if you get stuck in the snow. In the winter I always keep a candle and lighter for snow emergencies too.
3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?
Yes and they've become more and more elaborate for high school grads. It used to be just a cake and maybe some snacks with crepe paper and balloons. Now there is all that and scrapbooks and posters of accomplishments and photo albums and...
Just one or two this summer. Generally our family has moved on to the baby shower phase.
4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood. The goal is to raise kind, independent, productive adults - not obedient children.
5. What was the last thing you broke? My fingernail.
6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily? One or two except during campaign season. I sent letters a year or so ago to be taken off most junk mail lists - less trash for me, more trees for everyone.
7. Do you like to shop by catalog? Sometimes, if the product and company are familiar. I don't like to buy clothes that way though. I also order WAY less from Penney's since they changed their catalog return policy.
8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job? It's 30%/70% his/her. He mows most of the time but I do most of the rest.
9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?
Apparently the dining room. Wouldn't have been my first choice but the rest of my family hates my dining room.
10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?
Neither. I read the newspaper and online news on a hit & miss basis. I watch the news on TV but that is usually more than enough negative information for me each day.
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
Absolutely. Sometimes we may not understand the reason this side of Heaven but there is something that can be learned, used, enjoyed or appreciated in every circumstance if we look hard enough or wait long enough.
12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Definitely doing the right things. Not bragging, just saying. Most people who know me would agree that this is true. Also, I am definitely NOT a perfectionist needing everything done "just right".