This is the time of year that business is really slow where I work. Most people are not building a house in the middle of winter or shopping for a new toilet as a Christmas present for Aunt Sarah. So, while I'm doing "busy" work or waiting for a customer to come in, I spend way too much time thinking of all the other things I could be doing if I weren't at work. Thirteen of them follow. The first ten I could really be doing. The last three, while not realistic, are fun to dream about.
- Playing with my granddaughter.
- Finishing the Christmas decorating.
- Wrapping Christmas presents.
- Addressing Christmas cards.
- Shoveling the snow off the sidewalk.
- Taking a hot bubble bath.
- Building a fire in the fireplace.
- Reading a book by the toasty warm fire.
- Toasting marshmallows in the fire.
- Making Christmas candy.
- Catching a plane to New York to see the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center.
12. Catching a plane to Hawaii for a Mele Kalikimaka
- Catching a plane to visit Bethlehem at Christmas time.