Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Winter Wonderland

************************************************ Wow! Winter has arrived. The snow is flying. I love it!

I love looking out the back of our house into the woods at all the snow covered trees. It creates such a quiet and peaceful scene, especially early in the morning.

I think I like it so much because "quiet and peaceful" are so far from my normal life. But, if I can make myself stand still for just a few minutes, the peace will cover me like the blanket of snow is covering the ground.

In the hecticness of the Christmas season the snow slows us all down one way or another. For me, in addition to slowing my vehicle, it causes me to take a deep breath and remember the peace that the season is really about. The flakes float down and land on my ears like whispers from Heaven saying "peace, be still" and " I bring good news of great joy". ************************************************

No comments: