Friday, April 11, 2008

A Hearty Meal

The chef is off today so some others offered to fill in as guest chefs. I think stonegirl is serving up a pretty hearty meal.

Appetizer

What is your favorite vacation spot in the United States?
Any one I haven't been to yet. There are so many beautiful places to see and I have been fortunate enough to visit many of them. Circumstances have made my goal to see all 50 states before I turn 50 impossible but if I bump it up to before I'm 60, I might make it. Maui is beautiful. Alaska is breath taking. Florida has a variety of places I'd go back to and, for a long weekend, I love cities like St. Louis or Chicago. I could go on. The only place I've been so far that I'd never go back to is Atlantic City, N.J.

Soup
If someone else (friend, co-worker, family) brings up a religious or political topic, how likely are you to join the conversation, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 = not likely, 10=very likely).
9! I usually can't help myself. There are a few instances where I would keep my mouth shut, but not many. I have always been pretty opinionated.

Salad
What song do you listen to when you feel very sad?
It depends on what I'm sad about and who I'm sad for, myself or someone else. The ones that come to mind are Desperado and Learn to be Still by the Eagles, The Song Remembers When by Trisha Yearwood and Whatever You Say by Martina McBride.

Main Course
Someone you really admire is coming over for a home-cooked dinner. What do you serve him/her?
Probably lasagna or something else Italian. I love to cook Italian food and almost everyone loves to eat it.

Dessert
If the only form of transportation left in the world is by animal (horse, mule, camel, etc), where would you live?
Maui - a multitude of climates in a very condensed area. It also fulfills every girls dream of horseback riding along the beach at sunrise or sunset.


1 comment:

Gabriel said...

Great feast. 50 states before you turn 50... that's an amazing idea! I don't think I will be able to make it, but I do know almost 20 of them. :-)


My post...

Hope you had a great Friday! :-)