I really enjoy a well turned phrase (righteous indignation, detrimental aversion to reflection, an arrogant sense of entitlement).
I also enjoy a well stated thought, opinion, or philosophy. Following are thirteen of my favorite quotes -in no particular order. They are from a wide range of contributors.
- The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little. -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammad Ali
- What is right is often forgotten by what is convenient. -Bodie Thoene
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. -Mark Twain
- Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. –Elvis Presley
- Freedom...is not an inconsequential chucking of one's weight about, it is the disciplined overcoming of self. - Iris Murdoch
- Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced. - James Baldwin
- If you have it (love), you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have. - Sir James M. Barrie
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. -E.F. Schumacher
- Sin would have fewer takers if its consequences occurred immediately. -C.H. Spurgeon
- Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it. - Max Frisch
- If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. – Mother Teresa
- The most prominent place in hell is reserved for those who are neutral on the great issues of life. - Billy Graham