Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's Over, It's Over, It's Over (or The Polls Are Now Closed)


Well, it's all over except the "spinning" by the newscasters. By morning, hopefully(barring anyone named Chad voting in Florida), we will know who will be our next president.

It has seemed like an extremely long campaign season with much discourse and many opinions - both extreme and resonable ones. I have been at odds with some of my friends and family and on the same page as others.

Either way, it is now a done deal. Whoever wins, as Christians we have our instructions on how to respond:

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Romans 13:1


3 comments:

storyteller said...

It’s just 6:19pm in California and the polls don’t close here until 8pm … that said, I voted early on October 28th, but I’m watching the election results roll in … and I’m reminded that it’s frustrating to be on the West Coast with polls still open while they’re making projections about who’s got how many electoral votes already. Methinks I’d rather they wait until the votes are actually counted so folks here won't decide to skip voting because it seems like their votes don't count!
Hugs and blessings,

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

I understand your frustration! I'm actually all about doing away with the Electorial College anyway. It has outlived its usefulness and technology would allow it to be based purely on the popular vote.

Alvis said...

Unfortunately, I think the electoral college serves the interests of the political establishment far too well and it will be hard to do away with it.

I like the quote from Romans. But as always with government, remember: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

(Who watches the watchers?)