Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thirteen Things I've Learned This Week




Here are 13 things I have learned (or been reminded of) this week.

  1. Life can change in a matter of seconds.


  2. I am not good at being still.


  3. Shutting off the lights does not shut off the thoughts that run amuck in my head.


  4. Balance is something I need in my life - it always seems to be so "all or nothing".


  5. I am blessed with many wonderful RL and bloggy friends.


  6. Sunshine and fresh air make everything look more hopeful.


  7. Worrying doesn't change anything.


  8. Controlling, planning, and being pro-active are three very different things.


  9. It is confusing trying to figure out how people expect you to respond to bad news.


  10. It is time for me to look for a job I really enjoy - not just the first thing that comes along.


  11. The dog really likes me being unemployed!


  12. When I was working and it was really slow - all those things I kept thinking I could be doing if I were at home - ya, well, I've only actually done one of them so far this week!


  13. Everything happens for a reason, everything happens for a reason, everything happens for a reason.


5 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Your attitude continues to bless me.

About "...all those things I kept thinking I could be doing if I were at home - ya, well, I've only actually done one of them so far this week!" Just be patient, Miss Accomplishment. ! Even the greatest gingerbread house in history wasn't built in a single day. HAHA

david mcmahon said...

#3 is so, so apt. Applies to us all.

(G'day from Australia - I came here from Mojo's site.)

Greg C said...

I am with you on number 13. There is a reason and you will find it. Maybe it will be something very exciting. Dream big. At times like this that is what I do. Apply for a huge job and maybe you will get it.

Deb said...

thank you for stopping by to visit, come back anytime

storyteller said...

I didn't play this week, but I loved reading the things YOU learned ... wonderful lessons indeed. My Molly loves that I'm retired ;--)
Hugs and blessings,