Go here to join Thursday 13.
Below is a list of thirteen things I have either learned or had confirmed this month.
- I am not a morning person! Going back to work temporarily has been fine and I like the job but I do not like having to get up early in the morning.
- Core-Fill (foam-type insulation) is not a floatation device. ...and a plastic bag is not a toy.
- Money, or the lack thereof, changes everything and almost everyone.
- Ground turkey is a good replacement for ground beef in almost any dish/recipe.
- Following Jesus doesn't mean living above reproach. It means living with integrity. For the whole sermon visit Commonway and listen to the sermon titled "Too Much Wine".
- "Until you learn to trust God for everything in your life, you will constantly seek to control others for the things you think you need." - from So You Don't Want to Go to Church by Jacobsen & Coleman
- "Those who don't like to be told what to do aren't any crazier about the prospect when God is the boss." - from the Beth Moore study on Esther
- "Meanness always has a history" and it "catches like a virus". - from the Beth Moore study on Esther
- Anger is power to someone with no better base of power and explosive anger is a way to control and manipulate. Paraphrased from the Beth Moore study on Esther.
- Nothing is more fun and refreshing than a day at the playground with the grandkids. See Wordless Wednesday post below.
- I really do feel better and have more energy when I eat right and exercise regularly. And the dog really appreciates it when we walk too!
- I miss some of the things I used to do like dancing, playing board games, camping and campfires, hiking, swimming and several others.
- I don't miss some of the things I used to do at all!
Because I will be working at least through the end of October and I babysit my grandson on Thursdays after work , this will be my last Thursday 13 until some time in November. I'll be back then and, in the meantime, feel free to stop by and catch my other posts and I'll try to stop by and visit other 13ers on Fridays.