Join in at Wordless Wednesday!
1. What is something that you have changed your mind about either recently or over a number of years?
Selling our house. I kept trying to hold on to it despite the radical shift in our lives after the wreck, forced retirement, and layoff. We built it ourselves and I love the ground it sits on but I've recently decided I'm ready to downsize both the house and the yard.
2. Choose either subject, but does your a) church b) job feel more like a dental chair experience or an easy chair (recliner) experience?
a) church has been a bit too much of an easy chair (translated Lazy-Girl) but I'm working on it. I just started a Beth Moore Bible study that is bound to throw me right out of that chair!
3. Kisses or hugs? I actually typed "huts," which might have been a more interesting question.
4. What do you think is the biggest threat to families today?
Technology - we have more ways to communicate and therefore end up with less and less face time. We are each on our own computer, possibly in different rooms, or our kids are texting each other at the dinner table or in the back seat of the car. We actually end up communicating more with people outside our families and less with those who should know us best.
5. A day after you grocery shop, you open a perishable item that is horribly spoiled. Do you take your receipt back to the store to be reimbursed or just throw it away and forget about it?
It totally depends on the price of the item. If I'll spend more in gas taking it back than what I paid for it, it goes in the trash.
6. What personality trait (feel free to address good or bad or both) do you notice yourself adopting from your parents?
I really can't think of one that I'm "adopting". Most of their traits that I have I've had for quite a while.
7. How many slices of bread do you leave in the bottom of the bag when you throw it away? Two? Three? Just the heel? None? (I really want to know if you eat the heel.)
Usually just the heel unless there is green stuff growing in the bag!
8. What mispronunciation or usage error really irritates you?
"Flustrated" is not a real word! You can be flustered or frustrated or even both but that doesn't make it a word.
9. In honor of the uniqueness of today's date, what does the numeral 9 mean to you? (Any special life moments attached to the 9th? Are you the 9th kid in your family? Can you count by 9s really fast? etc.)
I love the romantic notion of being on "Cloud 9" and I am fascinated by the number 9's almost magical mathmatical quality. Multiply it by any number and the sum will be 9 or a multiple of it. Checkbook off? If the amount is divisible by 9 you've likely inverted an amount somewhere.
10. Does the general color palette in your closet match the colors you chose to decorate your home with?
General color palette - hmmm! My closet and my house are filled with a wide range of colors but my decor seems to be trending toward more earthy tones while my wardrobe is still very diverse.
11. When you're hanging out with friends in the kitchen, do you automatically ask to help, or do you sit there and chat until the host asks if you'd like to help? I'm not implying that the 2nd choice stems from rudeness or laziness, just not a first-response like it is for some people.
It depends on which friend and and the size of that person's kitchen and how they work in it. Sometimes there are obvious ways you can help and sometimes I think the cook would just prefer you stay out of the way.
12. Let's end on a pleasant note: What do you enjoy about September the most?
The slightly cooler temperatures and the leaves starting to turn. Oh, and also that hubby's bithday arrives and we're the same age again and I'm no longer the "older woman".