1. What was the last song you listened to?
There is usually music in the background no matter what I'm doing so I'm answering this specifically as "listened to" and not just heard. The words to this song touched me as I can think of someone I know in almost every one of these situations.
Please listen to He is With You by Mandisa
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything?
Yes, a few times. It usually has to do with shoes that look so cute but hurt so bad!
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing)
So many choices! I think the need to break things off with a guy I was engaged to who couldn't/wouldn't actually set a wedding date - and knowing that in doing so I was not only losing the relationship with him but also with his family and specifically his young daughter. It was very difficult at the time and I still wonder about her (what she's like now as a teenager) but ultimately it led me to my wonderful hubby and it had provided me with lessons that I would need to make our blended family work.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon?
Watching the parade, with the smell of turkey baking in the background, is part of my Thanksgiving Day tradition. I look forward to seeing all the different balloons and have had different favorites over the years. Since I'm often doing things in the kitchen at the same time, the "don't miss" parts of the parade are the Rockettes and Santa Claus!
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately.
I share lots of these in my Sermon in a Sentence posts but the scripture that has always inspired me for as long as I can remember is Philippians 4:13 NKJV "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention--G rating?
Okay, anymore I'm not sure this is G rated but it would be Days of Our Lives. I know, I know...
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to?
um... all of it!
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book?
Easy question - "Alexander and Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judith Viorst
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.)
Roses and ladybugs. You can see pictures of my ladybug collection here
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper?
Bags during the year but a little of both for Christmas. The ex and I used to have wrapping challenges at Christmas to see who could make the prettiest package with the fanciest bow. I have to admit, he usually won.
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day?
Do you know how many years ago that was??? I seriously can't think of an answer for this one.
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? When you're fishing, do you feel for the fish??
Nope, seems to work better if you just let them come to the worm. Feeling around for them is counterproductive.