Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kitchen meme

Okay, so I'm not really sure how this is supposed to work but I've been tagged by Linda at http://www.2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com/ . I think I'm supposed to tell eight random things about my kitchen - so here goes....
  1. After my house was build I became a kitchen and bath designer/salesperson. I hate the lay out of my kitchen. Here's a tip - if you eat out all the time, design your kitchen for beauty. If you plan on using your kitchen, design it for function.
  2. There are 14 Longaberger baskets that sit atop my cabinets. They all get "dressed up" at Christmas.
  3. We have recently played a game of musical range hoods with my children. We changed to black appliances and received our hood from our son who was changing his to a microwave/hood. Our white one is going to our daughter who just purchase a home and is remodeling her kitchen.
  4. I hate to say it, but the legs to my kitchen bar are highly marred (chewed up) from too many teething Rott puppies.
  5. I have several Pampered Chef items that I can't imagine being without: grater, can opener, can strainer, garlic press.... I could go on.
  6. The kitchen is where we always end up. There are only two bar stools but the whole family always seem to wind up there, either sitting on the counter tops or just standing around, talking.
  7. I suppose I should admit that my kitchen is used most by my husband who does most of the cooking. It's not that I can't cook-really-just that he loves to. Yes, I am blessed.
  8. I, however, love to bake. I like my kitchen best when is smells like fresh bread or my infamous chocolate cherry fudge bars.

1 comment:

msdebbiea said...

I LOVE to come to your kitchen! :) It's one of my favorite eating places!!!!