Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Two for Tuesday yadseuT rof owT

  1. Sometimes it seems as though there are things that I always want to do but just never seem to get around to - or the time isn't right - or the weather doesn't cooperate - or... Some of them are charitable or productive but most are just things I'd really like to do- maybe just once. Some are fairly elaborate things and some are pretty simple. Things like going to the corn maze in the fall, seeing the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in person, swimming with dolphins (this story is a whole post of its own), going to the enchanted garden and/or luminary event that they have in my town each year, tubing down the creek at Turkey Run State Park, or going to some big event for New Years. Then of course there is my goal to see all 50 states before I turn 50. I am so, not going to make it!!!!! I really thought after I got Hawaii and Alaska checked off that this was an attainable goal. However, things and priorities change so, I'm thinking I'll have to extend my timeline from "before 50" to "before I die." Because

Washington

TO

Maine

is over 3,300 miles which seems a little much for one trip!

2. This week I do get to do something I've wanted to do for several years. Our church has a "Christmas Gathering" each year where women reserve a table, decorate it, and then invite friends as guests at their table. I was invited once before but was unable to attend so I am thrilled to have been invited by my great friend, Linda, this year!!! I am excited to see how each of the different ladies decorate their table. I just think this is such a fun idea. Different people, different personalities, different decorations, but all Christmas! I love it!

No comments: