Saturday, January 26, 2008

Politics Unusual

I just have to say that I am already fed up with the presidential race. I don't know which frustrates me more, the lack of a clearly electable, reliable candidate or the news media's biased, opinionated coverage of everyone. Between some of their histories and some of their antics it is hard to know who to support. The media has created a racial spin that I don't think existed before they ran with it and the N.Y. press has blatantly attacked Giuliani. The media these days almost makes me embarrassed to admit I have a degree in journalism. They are quick to point out the downfalls and anything that anyone might be uncomfortable with in every candidates background.

Now, I don't want to shock you, but none of the candidates are perfect! Nor have any of our past presidents been. There is a small part of me that thinks we might be better off with less information instead of every unimportant or tawdry detail.

Here's the good news though!!! After a brief discussion with my sister, she has convinced me to support her candidate wholeheartedly. Following you will find her well thought out comments on why her candidate is the best choice:

Frankly I am ready to vote for Mickey Mouse. He seems to run his kingdom pretty well. Everyone gets along in his Small World, he has good knowledge of the space program, and the sea environment, he knows how to bring in the money, and as near as I can tell Minny hasn't had an abortion and Goofy is weird but not gay.


I told her I was willing to jump on that bandwagon and I thought we should volunteer for his campaign committee. She responded:

If we get Mickey elected maybe we can get lifetime passes to Disney World.
DON'T BE PICKY VOTE FOR MICKEY!!!!!!!!!!


Yep, I'm all in for Mickey!!!



No comments: