Our wreck on the 23rd has been an eye opening experience in many ways. We have seen first hand God's protection and blessing and we have been made aware of how many things in life we take for granted. The following 13 are just some of them.
I am thankful-
- for God's hand and sovereignty over every situation and that He can bring good out of anything.
- to be alive - to be able to have more time on this Earth with our children, family, and friends, and to hold my granddaughter, and pet my dogs, and watch the snow, and feel the warmth of the sun.
- that my husband is alive and recovering. (And being a very good patient, by the way.)
- that our daughter and unborn son are alive and healthy.
- that everyone else involved in the accident is alive and that once my vehicle was hit it did not hit anyone else - just a light pole.
- that we are blessed with children (including our son-in-law and daughter-in-law) who are willing and able to "step up" in an emergency situation.
- nurses - who every day do a job that I certainly never could.
- for the CNA/CPA's who change the sheets, gowns, and bathe the patients and do so with kindness, consideration, and respect.
- for the EMT's who were quick, professional, and understanding.
- for dear friends and family who have provided prayers, meals, help with housekeeping, companionship, run errands, and other things to numerous to mention in order to help us. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives.
- for the lessons that God has and continues to teach us throughout this ordeal and that He has allowed us to share His love with roommates and others.
- for His amazing provision which is so perfectly timed.
- for a "wake-up call" about priorities, what is truly important, and how very, very blessed we really are.